1000007e, C0000005, BSOD help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm running vista 32-bit and as soon as it enters vista it crashes.
Here are the codes:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: A05BB976
BCP3: 8B5D3A20
BCP4: 8B5D371C
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I've removed and reinstalled the video and sound drivers with no luck. I've attached the minidump. TIA!

Attachments

• Mini032009-07.dmp
    136.4 KB · Views: 5
Your issue is caused by the driver Srtspl.sys which belongs to Symantec AutoProtect.

Quite honestly we see tons of issues here with Symantec/Norton and AVG. Our first recommendation is to completely uninstall and use another security option.

If you decide to uninstall make sure you use their removal tool from their website for your particular version. This software is notorious for leaving remnants of itself behind.

A simpler method would to be first update your drivers and see if that brings stability. If it does work then fine. The issue with Symantec isn't so much the detection rate as it is the system resources it demands as well as driver conflicts.

Thanks for the quick reply. How can I uninstall it? I can't get into vista except through safe mode and then it says it can't load windows installer? The removal tool needs to have symantec uninstalled first

Download the latest free and completely safe version of CCleaner. Many of us find that the uninstall tool works better than the Windows one.

But before you uninstall scan for viruses, etc. I am wondering if you might be infected.

Also, go to your start menu. find your run box and type this in: ChkDsk. Click okay. When it gets to step 2 does it tell you it is recovering lost files?

Thanks I got it. The disk check was okay. I had to remove the driver and unable auto file protect in safe mode, then uninstall once vista loaded.

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks I got it. The disk check was okay. I had to remove the driver and unable auto file protect in safe mode, then uninstall once vista loaded.

Thanks for all your help!

Great! And you are welcome. :) Let us know if uninstalling Symantec does the job for you. And let us also know what your final solution is.

Once the driver was removed and autofile protect in symantec was disable I was able to load vista. Then I uninstalled symantec plus used the removal tool. I do not have the blue screen anymore and all is great. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back