12 Tips to Reduce Your Monthly Wireless Bill

By Julio Franco
Sep 10, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Wow, not one Windows Phone mention. We have a decent used market. We use WhatsApp, Viber, etc. The Nokia Express browser does compression.
  2. mlauzon

mlauzon Newcomer, in training

The Android version of Onavo Extend is only good for phones that run 4.0 (ICS), it doesn't work with anything newer.
  3. Use a cheap 'throw away' phone and pre-paid plan.
  4. mevans336

mevans336 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

Awesome, just saved 15% on my AT&T bill because I'm in graduate school. Boo on Verizon though, no discounts for my student email address nor my daughter's.
  5. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,819   +884

Unlimited texting is becoming more and more common and there is no real use for apps like Whatsapp.
  6. Nick008

Nick008 Newcomer, in training

Also you can install a Download Meter app (for iPhone and iPad), enter your free data cap into it and the app will warn you when you are about to reach 70%, 80% 90% of your data limit.

It's very handy to stay below your data limit with that app!
  7. Opera already does this.
  8. No one cares about windows phones I think the windows 8 phone interface is tacky and you have way more app options with android and ios.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.