13 Good Games You Can Play on Laptops and Budget PCs

I remember playing ETS 2 a few years back and initially enjoyed until it just got very boring... and that was just the demo of the game. Remember them?

When "playability" is more important than anything else and your control choices are limited, one game you can't ignore is good old Diablo-II.

Being able to play Diablo I/II with nothing more than a two-button mouse makes them perfect for laptop/Jurassic-rig users with limited graphics & aren't interested in packing a separate joystick/pad in their bag.

D1 needs one of the hack/patches (Hellfire/DX2/Belzebub) to run under newer versions of Windows, but old D2 should still work on any rig.

You should add Emulators with Roms of puchased games, with that you can never go wrong. I can never get enough of that Super Mario World :)

You should add Emulators with Roms of puchased games, with that you can never go wrong. I can never get enough of that Super Mario World :)

I spent a good amount of time on that game back in 1996. Managed to find all the secret keys, levels & star world.

Good times

I spent a good amount of time on that game back in 1996. Managed to find all the secret keys, levels & star world.

Good times
You can't beat a Mario unless you see the save at 100% =)

Unless it's the NES ones... which had no save.

No idea why Techspot didn't just repost their 25x larger previous article:-
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/great-games-that-dont-need-great-hardware-to-run.56976/

^ And even that abandoned years out of date list is missing hundreds more games old and new alike (plus virtually the entire point & click genre).
First, probably because it was not from Techspot, second, because it's an 11 year old list, third, when you see a list like that you don't even read it nor you do any research. You can find a bunch like this by just googling good games for old harware...

Instead, when you see a well written article that someone puts a bit of effort to review and tell a tiny bit about, you actually read it even when you already know the game. It makes a big difference.

No idea why Techspot didn't just repost their 25x larger previous article:-
https://www.techspot.com/community/topics/great-games-that-dont-need-great-hardware-to-run.56976/

^ And even that abandoned years out of date list is missing hundreds more games old and new alike (plus virtually the entire point & click genre).

Most of those games will have great difficulty running under Win8/Win10 - especially those that use DirectDraw.

Even Win7 might have difficulty running some of them.

Most games repackaged by GOG.com will run on pretty much anything built in the last 8 years or so. If you don't mind going the emulation route, you'll have practically endless options.

Surprised wow hasn't been mentioned. The reason they have so many active subscribers is because it runs well on most procs and gpus.

That's because it says 13 "good" games in the article title :p

It's still the largest mmo subscribtion based game out there atm, even though it has dropped millions over the years. Sure the game does turn to a repetitive grind but its still a well made game.

Had to find some old good game to play offline on my old laptop last summer.
Fallout 2 is still my top classic old game that run on pretty much any computer (make sure you grab the unofficial patch).
Pillar of Eternity ran pretty well too.
Divinity original sin isn't demanding much too, even if looks great.
Stellaris on the other hand was fine at first, but it didn't last long mid-game. I couldn't even left my hand near the fan without getting burned lol.

Back