1680x1050 not a valid mode for chip set/graphics controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a beautiful LG Flatron W2242T 22" monitor that wants to run at 1680X 1050 (60 hz refresh). My admittedly old (3 years) Dell Inspiron 710m Laptop won't let this come up as a valid choice, and all settings that are available look distorted on the new screen. The chip set in the laptop is Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME. Its drivers are current and the software that came with the monitor didn't seem to be able to overcome the problem. I tried to manually put in the configuration using Powerstrip and couldn't get that to work either.

Does anyone have suggestions? I wish the people at the store had mentioned this as a potential problem with an older computer.

Your laptop's graphics chip is not strong enough to run this resolution. Pick a resolution that looks the best and learn to live with it

Just found out online that there is actually a solution for Samsung Monitor. Had tried out with the guide, but doesn't work with my LG Flatron W2242T.

w0rst-hardware.blogspot.com/2008/02/make-1680x1050-and-1440x900-resolution.html
Anyone out there have idea what is the modeline for LG Flatron W2242T? Really hope someone can guide me thru...

have u installed the drivers for the monitor on the laptop? a lot of the time that will fix this, but Tmagic650 is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back