TechSpot

1TB SATA seagate missing since goback uninstall

By plasma dragon00
Mar 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. please help, i have a HUGE issue at hand. i had recently installed norton goback, and after it not installing correctly, i uninstalled it with the removal utility. after boooting into windows xp (i have a pro and home version on two different drives, my ubuntu linux partition isnt working. im going to live cd it soon) my 1tb drive isnt showing in windows explorer.

in disk management console it is showing as there, with 100% free and no drive letter. all it says to do is format it and help. i cannot assign it a drive letter.

i had 300 gigs of data backed up onto this. all of this is either irreplaceable or will be extremely hard to get again. if anyone has any ideas, please help.

~plasma

edit - live cd ubuntu 8.04 isnt showing it either. think trying a program to recover a lost partition would work?

edit2 - gonna try http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download . wish me luck =/
  2. plasma dragon00

plasma dragon00 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 192

TestDisk worked thank god. Problem solved, 300 gigs of data recovered, topic able to be closed

~plas
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.