2 Blue Screen Events on Brand New PC

Hello,

I just purchased a Gateway computer for streaming movies and video. I got it up/running and the very same day it crashed twice with the following error message.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880058B3817
BCP3: FFFFF8800AE2B900
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Can someone help me identify the issue?

Thanks,
John

You should post your system specs as well as what you were doing when this occurred.

Did you run system update after getting your computer up and running, are all your drivers up to date? You might need to update to latest Flash if it crashed during streaming. A non comprehensive google search of your problem seems to indicate that other people had graphics driver issues when they got this error code.

As an aside, I always advise people that have brand new computers that don't work to contact the manufacturer for tech support. A brand new computer should not crash out of the box.

System specs and more details.

Thanks for the reply. I ran dxdiag to get the system specs (attached). I was streaming a movie from Netflix using the Google Chrome browser when the BSOD occurred. It happened twice. Prior to the BSOD I had updated all my Windows drivers and downloaded the latest video driver for the ATI Radeon HD 5570 as well as the latest Adobe Flash.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Have you tried Firefox and IE to stream Netflix?

I had trouble viewing some network site, ABC I think with Chrome and had to use IE.

Your computer has good modern components, so that should not be a problem. Try different browsers before we delve any deeper.

Just had a thought to search this particular problem. Taking a quick look on Google for Chrome and Netfflix, I see a lot of posts about problems. This could be it.

Back