2 consecutive BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

One just said hardware and the other gave nothing definitive. Are you using onboard sound? The reason I ask ios because the Microsoft audio driver wdmaud.sys was noted in one of your dumps.

yes bro..

i do.. use onboard

somehow . i updated it..

i guess ill be going back to my original driver..

and bro..

i think i can put aside the memory prob. cauz.

i tested this unit overnight on memtest86

didnt show any errors..

________

6 mins. before i posted this a BSOD appears too..

i attached it in here

~~thanks for the response men.

hi licence27kill

Your problem seems to be driver related. Try updating all your device drivers from the manufacturer website. Like route44 said, there's no definitive answer as to which driver is causing your problem so trial and error is the only way unfortunately (this time it was Ntfs.sys). Also, if you haven't already, test each stick of RAM individually with Memtest. If you keep getting BSODs, keep posting your minidumps so we can try and isolate the driver.

Spyder_1386 :)

bro.. i knew it..

this board is for vista .. the drivers are optimized for the said o.s.

and i have an xp sp3..

but i dont wanna update to vista as of now..

i didnt have any BSOD since

i remove the HD soundmax driver..

and microsoft provided a driver..

thanks man..!!

ill update you more bro

my primary suspect is now my hard drive..

because this is the last part i didnt replace after my unit upgrade..

pls read my latest dump..

Your error is another 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The minidump file gave nothing definitive. But it did say Pool_Corruption which means the driver pool has corrupted drivers/software.

Have you scanned for infections?

kindly teach me how to scan for infection..

ive done antivirus, malware and drive scan..

is there anything else bro..?

im using avira.. antivir..

since.. its the most free securty i can find in the web.. without cracking or leaking a license..

and i used to use comodo for a firewall..

but it b.s. my pc.

That is an excellent antivirus. Okay, do the following:

1. Go to your Run Box in your Start Menu > type in ChkDsk > click Okay. This test moves fast but when it gets to Stage 2 tell us if it states it is recovering lost files.

2.Go to Seagate's websilte (they bought out Maxtor) and download their free harddrive diagnostic utility called SeaTools. Run the tests in this order: S.M.A.R.T., Short DST, and the Long DST. Let all these tests, especially the Long DST run their full course. This will take time especially the Long but it is well worth it.

* Get back to us with your results.

ive done the disk tool you're talking bro..

and i haven't experience error since..

when i posted this..

and my bsod giving me another code now..

pls kindly check..

thanks

Your first error is 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

The driver cited is NDIS.sys and this is a core system driver. Normally Windows drivers are too general to be of much help, but with your error it may be more meaningful

The NDIS library (Network Driver Interface Specification) is contained in
ndis.sys. It is a collection of routines that applications can invoke to
perform network-related operations.
Ndis.sys is an integral part of the
kernel and it must match other kernel components to work properly.

It is very possible your NIC card drivers need to be updated or it could even be defective.

The second error is 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

In fact, your dump specifically cited your cause is corrupted memory. This issue will cause all kinds of error codes so the first thing I would do is run memtest on your RAM. See link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

bro.. i aready have a memtest..

and ive done the test overnight last night.

and this morning i saw no prob.

i think..

my drivers are in crapped..

cause i donwloaded a program that updates my drivers.

i think that triggers it..

well thanks bro..

but ill update you..

soon as bsod come again..

for now ill just replace my NIC driver.. from the original .. not the updated

What program was it? Often they are no more than malware in disguise. Have you uninstalled it?

now ive discovered that 1 of my 2 ddr is corrupted..

i have an corsair xms (brand new) and really gives me plenty waste of time because it always give me bsod..

its already tested.. memtest recently shows an error on testing individually..

heres my model
Corsair-Twix-DDR2-XMS.jpg

pls do not be fooled on brand new ddrs..
im so disappointed with what had happend..

and i wana bring memtest86 everytime i buy a memory module..

thanks all techspot staff..

i really appreciate your help..

this thread will only be the one i always update ..
to prevent spamming a thread..

pls. do understand my disappointment
and this one goes to all ddr buyers out there..

thank you.

So it was memory after all... That 0x4E error is a a very strong indicator of such.

Trust me, even the best memory makers ship faulty RAM. Corsair isn't exempt as you well know. Thanks for getting back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back