TechSpot

2 gigs missing

By NaTeB
Nov 11, 2005
  1. Hi everone
    I have a question I am hoping someone out there can answer. My HD properties shows that there is 3.68 GB of used space on my HD but there is only 1.68 GB of files & folders actually on it. I recently reloaded windows XP about a month ago and I was doing some clean up on my computer when I noticed that there was a difference. I don't have any idea what is going on but if anyone out there can offer some advice it would greatly appreciated

2. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

Open any folder window. Task bar/Tools/folder options/view. Check the "show hidden files and folders". Now press "Apply to all Folders".

What do you see now on your HDD?

3. NaTeB

NaTeB TS Rookie Topic Starter

I probably should have mentioned that the show hidden files option is selected and that i've alredy tried all of the basics. This is not your ordinary situation. I really have no idea what is going on.thanks for your response

4. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.