2 Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to use SLI, you`ll need two EXACT cards. Same manufacturer and model, also, you`ll need to use a SLI certified power supply unit.

The answer to your question is yes - that's the way many people do it especially to go beyond 2 monitors. Just make sure you have cards for the appropriate slots on your motherboard. You won't have 2 agp slots so you won't be able to use 2 agp cards. You *might* have 2 or more PCI-E slots - but you'd better be sure before you buy two card for that slot. Chances are you'll have either 1 PCI-E or AGP and 1 PCI card in there to make it work.

wolfram said:
In order to use SLI, you`ll need two EXACT cards. Same manufacturer and model, also, you`ll need to use a SLI certified power supply unit.

You don't need a SLi PSU, it's just recommended. (I would know look in my profile)

Thanks!
Thats vv helpful!
Its a bit aquard they have to be exactly the same, becuase I am limited to only 1PCI-E, no AGP, and only a few PCI, but I would rather have 1 2inch monitor rather than use a PCI slot!

Are there any alternative solutions anyone can think of?

I`m afraid you can`t use SLI, unless you buy a Geforce 7950 GX2, which is VERY expensive.

I would get instead a powerful, single card, and if you want, it can display two images at the same time in two monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back