2 hard drives boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frac

ok yesterday i installed another hard drive (IDE) and the 1 that I already have in there is a SATA2 hard drive
IDE hhd has ubuntu on it
SATA2 has windows on it
when there is power to the IDE hdd it boots to Ubuntu and doesn't give me the option
same with when I don't have the power to the IDE hard drive it boots to windows and doesn't give me the option to choose
and i want to have the option to boot to Ubuntu or Windows
i have changed the boot sequence so it boots from my SATA2 not the IDE
I goto Start->Control Panel->Administrative tools->computer Management->Disk management
and heres whats there
2web9yu.jpg

Any help?

Looks like the C drive has 3 partitions, and no other physical drive is present.The C drive is formatted NTFS. Is this the ubuntu installation? It is never recommended to install a hard drive loaded with an OS from another computer...

Boot from the Windows OS disc and see if the Windows partition is still visible. If it is, try repairing that installation

Looks like the C drive has 3 partitions, and no other physical drive is present.The C drive is formatted NTFS. Is this the ubuntu installation? It is never recommended to install a hard drive loaded with an OS from another computer...

Boot from the Windows OS disc and see if the Windows partition is still visible. If it is, try repairing that installation

Thanks but I got it figured out last night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back