Inactive 2 iexplorer.exe running in task manager. Need help fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been running extremely slow. I have 2 iexplorer.exe programs shown in my task manager when I'm only running 1. I can't figure out how to fix it. Also ie will start sometimes by itself when I start up my computer but I don't have it set to. I have performed 2 complete scans with adaware and superantispywear as well as Norton 360 antivirus. The 2 malware programs found about of issues and fixed them all but the antivirus didn't find anything. The problem is still there though. I am running Windows XP ver. 2002. I have deleted all files in my C:\Doc and settings\USERNAME\local settings\temp folders and all internet temp files, history, and cookies. Can anybody help me out?

Welcome to TechSpot! I'll be glad to help you

You should know that if you use IE8, it is normal to have multiple entries for iexplore.exe But malware can hide in almost any process name, so we need information from you. You should also know that there are many reasons for a slow computer, including too many processes starting on boot, then running in the background, not enough RAM, recent downloads, etc.

Please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
======================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.

If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back