2 kinds or errors: Lags and freezes

By Frak98
May 7, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello I'm new on this board. I registered because I have some bad errors but in before I just want to clarify that I scanned for virus/malwares 5 times ;)

For a couple of weeks, I am experiencing 2 kinds of strange errors. Let's start with the first:

My computer freezes randomly, it can be 1 minute after start up or over 2 hours. It freezes, I can move the mouse but when I click on something, it takes time to react. If I am listening to music, this one is "lagging".

The second one is, when I play online games, I am always having lag spikes. It happens randomly, I can't move and it takes like 20 seconds for the game to "unlag". It also lags when I talk with someone with voice over ip. His/her voice sometime is cut and he/she says that mine is lagging.

Help?
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,040   +223

This suggests you're on Adsl (internet over the telco line) and that you need or have bad line filters.
    EVERY phone needs a filter.
  3. Frak98

Frak98 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Oh I have filters on all of my phones, they are probably bad!...Yes they are not really in good shape, I hear a back sound when I talk on the phone.
  4. Frak98

The problem might be solved. I opened my lateral panel and it doesnt freeze no more!
  5. jobeard

huh? Lateral Panel? what's that?
  6. Frak98

The lateral pannel of my computer? You know, if you want to acess to your hardware...
  7. jobeard

AH! the case side panel :) Isn't language interesting ;)
  8. Frak98

Lol, sry. I am from Quebec, my english isnt excellent.
  9. jobeard

much better than my French! :haha:
  10. AshXX

AshXX Newcomer, in training

but if thats causing lags and freezes would that not be the pc hardwares problem?
  11. jobeard

Over heating does impact hardware. Opening the side panel allows better cooling
    and thus avoids the CAUSE of the problem. Adding an additional fan would help.
  12. Frak98

Changed my filters and there are still lag spikes...
    HALP
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.