2 Problems - Surely there is a simple solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i am a 15 year old student and I have owned a Toshiba Satellite laptop for just under 2 years. It has been perfect, a bit slow but I can live with that. There are just two problems. One minor, and one...a bit bigger.

1. Whenever I open iTunes my whole computer freezes. The mouse moves, but clicking on anything is unresponsive. The only way I can turn the thing off to reboot is by holding down the power button. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times but to no avail. I have no mysterious plug-ins or downloads that could be causing this.

and 2. My computer starts generally freezing. The only forewarning of this is a whirring noise coming from inside the laptop. Then a pause, then another whirr. Sometimes the whole thing freezes like above, but it can shut down by itself, or hit a blue screen before doing so. A couple of times I have been quick enough to write down what is on the blue screen. Something along the lines of PFN_list_corrupt. I'm sure that will mean something to most of you, just not me
After i reboot the laptop it comes to a black screen which says: One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency.

If anyone can help me with this it would be much appreciated. i have no knowledge of the "spec" of my laptop, so if you would like me to find that out, please let me know how to!

Thanks,
Will

Can give exact model number of your Toshiba Satelite notebook?

Secondly, can you please look into C:\windows\minidump folder and attach minidump files from it here with your next post for analysis?

Lastly, if it is the error you are describing above, you may have issues with RAM. Regards

2 Problems - Surely there is a simple solution?
There probably is -- but don't call me Shirley.

Sorry, i couldn't resist that line. And at 15, i know you're too young to have ever heard that line.. so go rent the movie Airplane! sometime :D

There probably is -- but don't call me Shirley.

Sorry, i couldn't resist that line. And at 15, i know you're too young to have ever heard that line.. so go rent the movie Airplane sometime :D
I've heard it. But then I'm not on line pretending to be a 15 year old either. :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back