2 Questions, OC & E6600 vs E6750

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello! I have 2 questions for all of you guys:

1 - It's weird for me to keep seeing the prices to drop on the E6750 which it has higher specs than the E6600 which is more expensive, anybody have any ideas why?

I have an E4400 which I wan't to overclock but the MoBO BIOS doesn't show any options that allow me to do that, MOBO is: Intel D946GZis what do you guys use to overclock if the Bios doesn't give you any option to do it?

Thanks in advance

Intel wants to save you from yourself.....

At the present time I believe that The BX2 "BadAxe" 975 board is the only Intel offering that can be overclocked.
The price difference between the E6600 and the Newer C2Ds is a conundrum. The older Intel procs actually went up slightly in price, at the time the new 6*50 processors dropped. I suppose that the new 1333Mhz FSB C2Ds offer Intel the opportunity to sell you a new motherboard at the same time. You get a new mobo too, but overall you spend more money.

Tests done so far don't indicate a significant improvement with the 1333Mhz FSB over the 1066 C2Ds. Or at least so say the reviews at Tom's Hardware.

You can look at my sig to see what I got mine overclocked too. passed 1.4vs. The problem is keepin this thing cool.

Question......

supersmashbrada said:
You can look at my sig to see what I got mine overclocked too. passed 1.4vs. The problem is keepin this thing cool.

Did you abandon your Quad core extreme?

Thanks captaincranky! you made a good point, I guess you're right but since I don't own any of the first C2D I guess I'm getting a good deal with the E6750 and anyways I don't have any MOBO with 1066FSB so the one I'll be buying it's gonna be 1333, even at work I just build 3 system for my coworkers and I decided to go with the E4400 for $125 instead of E4300 for 121, guess the 4 bucks are really worth it here :p

OMG supersmash you reached 4.4Ghz with the E6750??? That's great I definitely want to buy mine! :D

captaincranky said:
Did you abandon your Quad core extreme?

My quad is on my p5n32 premium right now. Not being used. I'll probably give it to a family member or something. So I guess I did abandon my quad. My benchmarks are higher with this rig anyway in some test, Sandra, 3dmark, and my frame rates in high resolution games are way higher, about 15 higher than on my quad at 3.5Ghz, and in some games here than that. I think its mostly due to the DDr3 I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back