Inactive 2 RunDLL error during start up

"The specific module could not be found."

C:\Users\(MASTER NAME)\AppData\Local/ahukukas.dll

C:\Users\(MASTER NAME)\AppData\Local\WsREDRE.dll

Upon starting up Windows 7 two different error messages come up. This initially started happening several months ago, with no ill effects, or so not that I have noticed. I finally found some time to search the internet, but haven't been able correct the issue.

Several months back, I assumed I had a virus, and had restored the laptop back up from several months before that. After backing it up, the error messages started.

Now, I have McAfee virus protection, and I am not positive that this is a virus or some sort of male-ware, but I know others have had similar issues and they had been because of some sort of virus.

Any help in correcting this issue would be appreciated.

If I need to provide any other information please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Welcome to TechSpot! You have posted in the Virus and Malware Removal forum. I can't identify either of those processes, but don't have enough information.

"I assumed I had a virus, and had restored the laptop back up from several months before that. After backing it up, the error messages started."
Never "assume." And a restore back several months might have gotten you in more trouble.
--------------------------------
Since there come up when you boot, something is on the Startup Menu 'causing them. It may be malware or it could be from a process you added.

Have you put any new plugins or addons lately?
============================================
If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
===================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.

If I haven't replied back to you within 48 hours, you can send a PMwith your thread link in it as a reminder. Do not include technical problems from your thread. Support is given only in the forum.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.
====================================
Just for fun- we look for malware here. 'Male-ware' isn't something we handle! :)

Back