2 Soundcards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question - just got a SteelPad 5H USB headset and i've already got an x-fi - makes me wonder, because i've got Logitech Z-5500's, is there any way i could use the USB soundcard JUST for counterstrike source and use the x-fi for the rest? is there any software that could do this?

Sure. I have run my PC with 2 soundcards before. Just make sure you choose the appropriate settings for all your programs!

thanks for the reply - yeah, the problem is i'm not sure how to set priorities on programs so that when one starts up it knows to use one soundcard over the other.

Well, in this case, go to your control panels, open up sounds and audio devices, click on the audio tab at the top, select your x-fi as the default playback device, and your usb headset as the default voice device. As for getting the sound to come out of your speaker in the headphones, you would have to go in to contol panels and change it back to your logitech speakers when you are done playing CSS. a bit annoying, unless we can find another way to do it, but i don't think it's likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back