2 WD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

I just built a new machine a MSI 770-C45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor and G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit. I have been trying to get this to work and I am having no luck. I have installed several different OS and have had the same issue. I cannot install any programs ie. Alcohol 120, Nero or office. I had these programs on several different machines without a problem. I am currently running Vista but have had XP and Windows 7 installed each with the same issue. My firste HD is a WD 80GB without any jumper and the second is a WD 320GB and again no jumper. Anyone have any knowledge of this issue?? Please help

If you can get an os onto the drive, and view both drives within the o/s, they drives shouldnt be the problem.

are you installing from a cd/ dvd drive?

what are the hard drives, cd drives? IDE? Sata?

If you have two ide devices on a ribbon without jumpers, chances are one of them wont be seen (maybe your cd drive isnt being seen/ why you cant load any software) Make sure each is set as a slave or a master per ribbon.

My advice is to be more specific in the problem and the steps youve taken to try and solve it.

OK, I replaced both HD's and still the same problem. I replaced the memory Patriot G Series ‘Sector 5’ Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333, I have tried different SATA cables and slots on the Mother Board. Still have the same problem. The cd drives are IDE but the HD's are SATA. I don't think that vista would be the problem but I am considering putting XP on the HD in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back