2400 PCI Open GL issue

By Tha General
Jun 26, 2008
  1. I am looking in pcwizard 2008 and it says my video card doesn't support Hardware OpenGL acceleration, it only supports openGL software mode. I don't believe alot of users who own this card is aware of this, but i just came across the information.

I am using the lastest driver, 8.6 hotfix.

The ati opengl dll file is this:

ATI OpenGL driver: / atioglx2.dll

I think this is the real reason i have trouble in some games, because the card or none of the drivers support hardware aceleration in opengl.

Is there to fix this?
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

Instead of using the hotfix version of the 8.6 driver, try the normal 8.6 driver. I don't think the hotfix driver version applies to PCI, only certain AGP cards.
  3. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,106

Alright i will try it and see what happens. Results in about 2 hours.

4. Tha General

Tha General TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,106

Nope, this card really doesn't have hardware opengl acceleration, and now i think i finally found the reason why i am having so much trouble in some of my games, as well as other people.

Now i am very curious to know when Visiontek is going to fix this issue, infact, i think the issue is within the powercolor version too. Don't know about the Diamond Stealth. Well i sent the issue to Visiontek, i hope they can release a driver to fix it.

If someone has some ideas, on how to enable hardware opengl let me know.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.