250gb hdd ps3 on pc?

Cyborkid

Hi guys, I want to connect my ps3 hard drive on pc to use it on pc, so when I get my new computer I can use it with it straight away, but right now I want to use it on my current pc, I plugged in both the one cable and the other one (sata), that goes from power supply cable to the HDD.

when I booted the pc it said installing device drive software, and said, device is ready to use, I go to my computer, and it ain't there, do I have to set it as secondary in bios?

Win7 Ultimate final rev

It's automatically set as fourth IDE master. restarted pc and still doesn't show up, I heard I need to format, is that true? like that to know if I should re-gain windows 7 disk

Oh and t's actually 320gb

Last edited by a moderator:
Open up Disk Management (in the admin tools control panel), it should show up in there. I'd delete all the partitions and create 1 new one that incorporates the whole disk. Then format as NTFS.

I get this error, "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service".

When I check help it says, remote desktop? I ain't using remote desktop, plus, my firewall is switched off.

Thanks mate

To change to basic, I need to access computer management, when I get there I click, storage, disk management, and still I get the virtual disk service error

This app seems epic! it's letting me format, but I don't see no option for from unallocated to NTFS for now

Back