TechSpot

250gb hdd ps3 on pc?

By Cyborkid
Mar 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys, I want to connect my ps3 hard drive on pc to use it on pc, so when I get my new computer I can use it with it straight away, but right now I want to use it on my current pc, I plugged in both the one cable and the other one (sata), that goes from power supply cable to the HDD.

when I booted the pc it said installing device drive software, and said, device is ready to use, I go to my computer, and it ain't there, do I have to set it as secondary in bios?

Win7 Ultimate final rev

It's automatically set as fourth IDE master. restarted pc and still doesn't show up, I heard I need to format, is that true? like that to know if I should re-gain windows 7 disk

Oh and t's actually 320gb

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,651   +323

Open up Disk Management (in the admin tools control panel), it should show up in there. I'd delete all the partitions and create 1 new one that incorporates the whole disk. Then format as NTFS.

Cyborkid likes this.
  3. Cyborkid

Cyborkid TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 32

I get this error, "Unable to connect to Virtual Disk Service".

When I check help it says, remote desktop? I ain't using remote desktop, plus, my firewall is switched off.

Thanks mate

4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,651   +323

Give it a shot with Easeus Partition Master (its free).

5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

I think you have Dynamic Drives enabled - - if so, disable

6. Cyborkid

To change to basic, I need to access computer management, when I get there I click, storage, disk management, and still I get the virtual disk service error

7. Cyborkid

This app seems epic! it's letting me format, but I don't see no option for from unallocated to NTFS for now

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.