TechSpot

250HD Maxtor Problems....please help

By stht
Sep 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I restarted my computer and i get the error "disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter" i did that and c drive isnt even there, not my other drives also. how can i fix this problem...

help pleaseeeeeeeee
  2. tdeg

tdeg TS Rookie Posts: 348

Sounds like you lost your drive, sorry bud.

Does it show up in the BIOS?
  3. patio

patio TS Maniac Posts: 700

More info...

patio. :cool:
  4. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

If by "system disk" you mean a DOS floppy then it cannot show you NTFS formatted partitions. Use a Windows or a Linux CD and the recovery console to inspect your disk. If you have precious information there then I recommend getting a Knoppix CD and copying the important data before attempting any repairs.
  5. stht

stht TS Rookie Topic Starter

i have used the windows cd and no drives show up there all gone, cant even do chkdsk on c drive becauses its not showing up
  6. stht

stht TS Rookie Topic Starter

i changed my password and restarted my computer, then what i said in my first post is what happens, i put in the system cd and went to repair it and it cant find it. the c drive is there, i have a feelin the HD locked itself, i just dont know how to unlock it
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.