TechSpot

27.exe in hijack this logfile is it a trojan?

By DOGZZY
Jan 24, 2005
  1. Hi all another noob here,i am getting very high pings in games and some weird sh*t happening on my pc ,have done all the virus,spybot and adaware scans and come up clean,hijack this found "27.exe" is this the root of my troubles?
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes 27.exe is indeed a backdoor trojan.

If you do a Google search for 27.exe you will find loads of info for it.

Let Hijackthis fix it.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Probably a good idea to print them out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. DOGZZY

DOGZZY TS Rookie Topic Starter

is this ok now

Thanks for the advice seems to have stableised things, but i think i may have deleted a outlook express file with hijack this,
    "O23 - Service: .NET Connection Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)"
    any idears ,thanks

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

You can always restore any entries that you get rid off with Hijack this they will be in the Hijack this folder on your computer.

I would let Hijack this fix this O23 - Service: .NET Connection Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

You can delete anything with file missing.

Also I would let Hijackthis fix all the Google toolbar entries you can always reinstall the google toolbar if you wish.

Also download Firefox and don`t use IE again except for Windows updates.

You can get Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

If I`ve missed anything I`m sure RBS will put you straight.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Your HJT-file looks clean after Howard's advice.
    I am not sure about that google-bar, the version-numbers don't seem right to me. But then, I NEVER EVER install ANY searchbars whatsoever, they are only a pain in the proverbial. My advise: uninstall it.

To get your (vital) svchost.exe back, run SFC.EXE after you have read this MS-article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185836/EN-US/

6. DOGZZY

DOGZZY TS Rookie Topic Starter

Bloody marvelous guys thanks for your help am running firefox now seems fine ,my email is now working all seems fine , the missing svchost.exe file you mention ,do i really need it and i went to the M.S site you listed says its only for win 98 .
    Cheers guys keep up the good work

7. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Yes, you need svchost.exe
    That MS-article was only to show you what it does and how. The same procedure works for XP as well, and is faster than running a repair.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.