TechSpot

2nd hard drive question

By JohnnyDollar
Oct 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok i had an old 40 gig hard drive that i replaced with a new 320 gig hard drive, i didn't use both because i didn't have the extra SATA cable or the know how at the time. I just not slapped in the older drive because it had some business files that my parents wanted to use so instead of just switching it back and forth like i used to ( lol very sad should have found this out long ago) i used a new SATA cable and plugged everything up and now it's running fine i can access the old files. but i did notice i had a game installed on that hard drive (Bf2) so i wanted to see if i could run the game off that drive so i put in the disc and it told me to install, so im guessing it doesn't know it's on the other drive, how do i get it to recognize it. Also could i remove all files from the older drive (becuase it isnt the master drive that i boot with) and delete everything including the OS (is that possilbe) could i still run programs and files off of it, thank you looking forward for your response.

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

Yes :)

And then when you install any programs, just point it to that drive

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.