2nd hard drive wont register.

By biffmofo
Jan 20, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi. I have a dell 2400 and it came with a 40gig hd. Well needless to say i filled it up and bought an 80gig western digital. here is my problem. I installed it to the T. jumpers are right on BOTH drives. they are both plugged into the right spot on the cable. This is where the fun begins. I go into my computer and system info and hardware and device manager and its in there. it says its working proporly. I even went into bios and turned on the slave drive. The problem is when i go into my computer that it doesnt register. I cant save anything to it cuz its not there. but device manager sayss its there and working proprly. any ideas anyone?? Thanks!! CIAO!

Thom
  2. biffmofo

biffmofo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

anyone have any ideas at all?
  3. patio

patio TechSpot Maniac Posts: 700

Did you format the drive yet ? ? ?

patio. :cool:
  4. biffmofo

biffmofo Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

no, i havent formatted the drive. it should be drive f: but when i go to dos and try to format it, it says it cant find that drive.

Thom
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,428   +281

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.