2x8-pin ATX 12V power connectors for Intel Core i7 3930K

DKRON

With the older socket 1366 socket 6 core extreme processors you had to use 2 8-pin ATX powers, is it the same for the socket 2011 cpu's? Just looking at the new gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 motherboards and they only have one 8 pin connector?

It only have one, eight pin connector. :) Remember, many of those older socket 1366 motherboards had two processors on them; they are generally server motherboards. Two EPS12V connectors for two processors. The G1.Assassin 2 motherboard only has one processor, so it only has one EPS12V connector.

Remember, many of those older socket 1366 motherboards had two processors on them; they are generally server motherboards. Two EPS12V connectors for two processors.

Not always, my old UD9 motherboard had 2 8pin powers and only one cpu socket and also the new socket 2011 UD7 also has 2 but only one cpu

Wow, the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (I'm guessing) must have had crazy power requirements for overclocking :)

Yes it was pretty much way more powerfull then anyone could ever use but the downside is that nothing was stable because it was too powerfull, replaced it with a Sniper gaming bored and everything was perfect

Back