3.2GHz AMD CPU running at 2.0

My CPU only runs at 2.0 GHz. When I try to change any setting via TurboV or BIOS to increase the speed, the PC locks up.

I blew all the dust out and keep everything as clean and cool as possible. I may have a hardware incompatibality problem. I am aware that NVIDIA is not a friend to ASUS. I wish I knew that when buying my video card.

What can I do to get my processors back to 3.2?

I blew all the dust out and keep everything as clean and cool as possible. I may have a hardware incompatibality problem. I am aware that NVIDIA is not a friend to ASUS. I wish I knew that when buying my video card.
Yes the are, they even sell NVidia card.

Check your frequencies under load.

the 2.0 Ghz is probably the power saving feature throttling down the cpu when not under load. before you try to OC using TurboV or anything else Asus has, turn off the cool n quiet (in Bios) and EPU (windowed software) if you have it. They can collide with each other and lock up like the problem you are having.

I read something about incompatibilities with drivers.

I use TurboV to check my freqs, it reports 2.0. Is there another place to check?

Where is the EPU settings under friggin Vista?

EPU is a software that comes with the Asus MB's, you may or may not have it. ...hence....
and EPU (windowed software) if you have it
If you do its under Asus in your start menu next to the TurboV, PC Probe etc. if you do have it installed, make sure its off before OC'ing

it will, i did the same thing. you can put it back via your MB install disk if you decided you want it.

Back