TechSpot

3.4 GHz

By STK
Jul 3, 2004
  1. does anyone have the kind of new Intel 3.4GHz stock? is it much better then 3.0 or 3.2?

2. werty316

werty316 TS Rookie Posts: 246

Well 3.4GHz is faster than 3.0GHz and 3.2GHz

3. STK

STK TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 138

ya i know that, but i was wondering if the change in performance is noticible if you go to 3.4 from a 3.0 or 3.2.

4. snowman

snowman TS Rookie Posts: 312

no. i dont think it would be. and it wouldnt be worth the money wasted.

5. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,577   +344

The only reason I'd buy a 3.4GHz CPU now is if I had a lot of money in my pockets and nothing to do with it... but even then I'd probably end up saving some money, get a 3.2GHz processor and lose some 1-8% of overall system performance that I'd end up not noticing. All of this based on the current CPU pricing, of course.

6. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 467

A 3GHz P4 is the most expensive I think anyone would want to spend. If you already have an Intel CPU at around 3 GHz, there is little point getting a 3.4GHz one.

Wait a while if you have the money to spend on a 3.4GHz P4. Intel will come out with a better CPU with 64-bit extensions like AMD. AMD will surely have something really great by that time.

A 3.4GHz P4 is just not worth the money right now.

7. STK

STK TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 138

k just wanted to get everyones two cents

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.