TechSpot

3 iexplorer.exe in processes and PC is slower now

By aqua
May 22, 2009
  1. hi guys my pc is slower than before,,noticing some freezing,,in processes i see 3 iexplorer.exe.
    i run IE8 .run malwarebytes=detectting no problem.,,run kapersky internet security=no problem..
    and this is he log from hijackthis..
    ..any help would be appreciated..thanks

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Normal with IE8

Somethings wrong here:
    Mainly, you Hijackthis log isn't "normal". You have almost nothing but Kaspersky entries running. I can't tell much from this HJ log. Suggest you reboot the computer, try and run HJ again.

It would also be helpful if the ran Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware first, then HijackThis. attach all three logs per: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

3. aqua

aqua TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 57

bobbye,thanks for looking into my problem.
    well i have no office program running.this kapersky office version is #7.0.0.125
    malwarebytes reported everything ok.

4. Bobbye

But you do:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

ctfmon.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Office Suite
    Ctfmon.exe activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar.
    See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599

Going by the lack of entries in the HijackThis log, I don't know how you can do much of anything!

NO Browser Helper Objects (BHO- (02))
    Nothing loading except Kaspersky, IE, Office (04) These would be the programs on Startup and in the Registry
    NO Active X entries (016)
    Only Kaspersky Service running (023)

Regarding Kaspersky Internet Security:
    You have Kaspersky Internet Secueity v7.0.0.125
    Kaspersky Internet Security v8.0.0.454 is considered OLD version.
    Latest Stable version is Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 9.0.0.405 Beta

So I recommend you update to current version for a start.

Unless you configure the computer correctly, you're not going to be able to do anything.

There is no malware showing, but this is not a full HijackThis log- Also, running only HJ is not a complete scan for malware. You mention no errors, no error messages.

5. aqua

ok my friend.looks like ctfmon.exe was the problem ..so now i only have 1 iexplorer.exe
    since i don't have office programs and don't change languages when using pc's.
    i check a site about how to remove-disable this ctfmom..in case that somebody need it.
    Code:
    Really, its easy to get rid of.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages TAB -> Details BUTTON -> Language Bar BUTTON (under "Preferences")

Select the "Turn off advanced text services" check box.
    now my staruo shows only kapersky..about this vesion ,,this one is still active and clens well...i tried the updated version but it eats a lot of resources.on this pc i have only 678 rdram.
    thanks again

6. Bobbye

It would be amazing if that one deletion took care of the problems. As I said twice, your HijackThis log is far from normal- it reflect what is "normally" running and you have almost nothing. It's not often I get to tell people they don't have enough running process, but you don't

And as I also mentioned, multiple entries of iexplorer.ese are normal and to be expected in IE8.

And ctfmon.exe has a bad habit of re-entering itself.

7. aqua

well ctfmom hasn't come back...
    andi just post all what hijack reports.

8. Bobbye

Okay. Does the computer run all right?

9. aqua

let me tell ya,it's better than before..like less resources consuming,and even faster.
    thanks

10. Bobbye

So you have full and correct use of the system, whatever you want to do? Have to tell you, I think that's amazing! Aren't you getting error messages when you try to view flash or shockwave and Java? I don't even see any version of Java installed and no 016 entries means not enabled for flash or shockwave.

11. aqua

i have only installed adobe flash player plugin installed for internet explorer and firefox.
    and both are running fine,no error messages.

12. Bobbye

Fine. I will consider the problem resolved and the thread ended.

13. aqua

thanks one more time.,i still believe this cftmom was doing nothing or interrupting other programs and the system..
    thanks Bobbye.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.