TechSpot

32-bit Vista Business to 64-bit Vista Business Question

By Savage1701
Dec 22, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My question is this:

When MS transitioned from XP to Vista I was eligible for the $10 upgrades due to my recent purchases of XP Pro. I got 3 copies of 32-bit Vista Business in the plastic boxes. They are still sealed. On the cover it says that info is available inside to get the 64-bit version on CD or DVD.

My question is this - I don't want to open the boxes and break the seals, and I was wondering if anyone else had opened these boxes and exactly what the offer for the 64-bit version was, how much did it cost, is it still available, etc. If I can get a 64-bit disk for a nominal handling fee, great. But if the offer has expired or it's a ton of money to get the 64-bit version, I won't break the seals.

If anyone has any experience in this I'd sure like to know. I want the 64-bit versions, and would sell the unopened 32-bit versions to be able to buy some OEM 64-bit versions or upgrade versions.

Thanks for any help in this matter and Happy Holidays to all.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.