TechSpot

32GB jump drive speed?

By midlorollin
Nov 8, 2008
  1. Hi,

I've been looking into purchasing a new jump drive, and 32GB jump drives are coming down in price just in time for Black Friday sales. I was wondering if the speed takes a hit when you have a jump drive that large. I primarily want to use it to transport large video projects, and since i fill up my 8GB all too often, i felt 32GB would fit like a glove. Although speed concerns me, opinions anyone? Thanks.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,371   +289

I've heard rumors and have even experienced this personally. I have 2x4 GB, 1x16 GB, and 1X32 GB thumb drives all of the same brand and all dual channel. My 4s and 16 are very fast - but my 32 is usually very slow compared to those. I'm not sure that this problem exists throughout all 32 GB - and I even doubt that's the case - just sharing my personal experience. I don't know technically why it would be slower either - just that it's very obvious on mine. Mine are OCZ Rally 2 drives.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.