$349 Asus Transformer Book T100 packs Windows 8.1, Bay Trail CPU

By Scorpus
Sep 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At Intel's Developer Forum in San Francisco, Asus has revealed a brand new 10.1-inch Transformer tablet, the Transformer Book T100, that packs a full version of Windows 8.1 and Intel's recently detailed 'Bay Trail' Atom processor. Like with previous devices...

Read more
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

Looks like a nice upgrade for my wife's old Lenovo S205 netbook. Watching this with interest.
  3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

And then Microsoft will release their new Surface 2 products, with the RT version priced higher than this full-fledged Windows unit, and the Pro sitting WAY above this pricing... And the MS execs will be mystified as to why their Surface sales are so lame...

Thus ends my prediction.
    Arris likes this.
  4. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

Looking at the other article this will have similar GPU performance to the AMD E-350 in the wife's netbook, but about twice the CPU performance and much better battery life. Not so sure how much of an upgrade this will be but like the fact it can be used as a tablet too.
  5. I would think 64GB would be the minimum for Intel Win8.
  6. To bad it has to use POC8 for the OS
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,793   +882

2GB of RAM and a bad screen? I guess that is what you get for $350.
  8. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +232

Actually, as much as I dislike Win8 on a truly productive desktop PC situation, I have to say that in the touch tablet arena (like this ASUS product and the Surface), the Win8 experience is a pleasant surprise. The whole point of products like this one is flexible mobile access, not hardcore productivity, so Win8 is a good choice. Particularly when it's full-blown 8, not the gimped RT build.
  9. stonarda

stonarda TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 180   +17

I like the idea of this product - may look into purchasing ti for college :)
  10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

This is a tablet, remember? The fact you seem confused about this fact is a good thing, if you think about it...
  11. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TechSpot Guru Posts: 589   +45

After reading a bunch of reviews and benchmarks of Bay Trail, (Anadtech's is great, btw) I have a feeling that I will wait until Bay Trail's successor, Cherry Trail. I was really hoping for something equal or better than a Tegra 4 or Adreno 330. However, that's just me, and at $350 for not just a tablet, but a keyboard dock also, that's a great value.

Makes the $550 I spend on a TF300 w/dock look silly...

12. Ewww... It's time to get rid of the awful 1366 x 768 resolution standard that Microsoft loves for no good reason.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.