360 Died 7 months after I Got it. Red Ring of Death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Lee

Like the title says, My 360 died 7 months after I got it. I'm thinkin' that I might have fried a chip the (GPU) because The heatsink If terrible and I used to use my 360 as a dvd player. So I would have it on for most of the daylight hours.and I can't replace it for 2 reasons. 1. No Warranty 2. I completely opened my 360 ( breaking the seal). So I have this plan and I want to know what you guys think.

I'm going to buy me another 360, and take the cpu Heatsink off of this (broken 360) cpu and put it on the new 360's GPU. Then Imma have like a 80mm fan on each heatsink pushing 75CFM. That should be all the cooling I would need to keep it cool. I Would keep the case open because I like the look of the inside(Don't ask why, I just like it)

I'm not going to have enough money for another 360 until later on in the year, but I would like to know your thoughts on my idea.

Nick Lee said:
I'm going to buy me another 360, and take the cpu Heatsink off of this (broken 360) cpu and put it on the new 360's GPU. Then Imma have like a 80mm fan on each heatsink pushing 75CFM.

Thus rendering the warranty on the new 360 useless? Or is it used, out of warranty one?

You should keep the warrantee on the replacement if it has one. If it doesn't, feel free to mod it all you want.

k.jacko said:
Thus rendering the warranty on the new 360 useless? Or is it used, out of warranty one?

I'm not going to buy one for my next 360.The only problem that I might have would be heat related, and I have an idea to fix that, But if it breaks then I will just buy a warranty on my third 360

And I didn't get a replacement because I don't have a warranty on my current one(long story)

You don't have to purchase warranties for the 360. MS just announced that all new 360s will have 3 year warranties. Unless you are getting a used 360, I wouldn't void the warranty on the new one by opening it, because MS will replace it if you have the red ring of light. (It happened to me twice)

Yeah, I would have a 3 year warranty but that would take away the fun of modding the 360, though I do miss my 360. well I might flip a coin on the next one. I mean 1 side i can mod it and if it breaks i'm out of luck, on the other hand I could easily have a replacement if it breaks(I know it would be cause my 360 is on almost everyday, for about most of the day)

Yeah, modding consoles is pretty fun. I haven't done anything to my 360 (because of the warranty), but I had some good times with the original Xbox. Either way you choose to go, good luck!

This is the reason i prefer the ps3 over xbox 360 because it doesn't over heat.If you could put another heatsink in the your new xbox it would be quite fun to so and that should prevent it from overheating but your idea is also good.Your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back