TechSpot

3M unveils 84" multitouch tabletop with UHD display, 100-point input

By Rick
Jan 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. 3M is showing off its 84-inch multi-touch table at CES this year and The Verge has provided its own, brief hands-on. Reminiscent of Microsoft's original "Surface" tabletop touchscreen (video), the gigantic capacitive table is the successor to last year's 46-inch...

Read more

2. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 731   +230

Somewhere, a multi-millionaire dungeon master is rejoicing.

3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,472   +622

Oh man, this would be great. I'm still planning on a >42inch table-PC, but the only custom solutions are touch-screen overlays with infra-red that have max 3 points touch and considerable lag specs. :(

4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Whoa, I saw this on a movie a few years ago xD

5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

This reminds me so much of the holographic tables we see in movies like avengers :D

NTAPRO likes this.
  6. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

Looks like a bacteria farm in the making. Clever though.

7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,329   +277

Nothing a little Lysol can't take care of :)

8. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 355   +57

Your cell phone is dirtier and your keyboard, OMG your keyboard is a biological wasteland ready to kill you at a moments notice. Anyway, don't worry so much about that since it can be easily cleaned and there are MUCH worse things you touch everyday.

9. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,804   +916

I think they're using it now on, "Hawaii Five-O". (Either that, or it's a CGI wannbe copy).

The lissome Grace Park. AKA "Kono". waves her lithe and slender arms over it, caressing its smooth and inviting, warm glass surface , while the rest of the squad stares mesmerized at the images that have just appeared on the wall monitors. Meanwhile, the audience gets to take in one of the most awesome "displays" nature has to offer, all of Ms Park, head to toe from the rear....!!!:)

I like the "big boards they use on the TV news. The anchors can make expansive gestures, as they dramatically announce, "let there be weather".

And the audience saw the weather, and it was good! (Well, as least as often as not).. .

Yes, but generally, speaking, they're more fun playing with than a cell phone. (At least for us old folks).

After this post, I'm going to tackle my novel, "Fifty Shades of Computing"!....:eek:

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.