TechSpot

4-Line expandable phone system

By TorturedChaos
Sep 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Guess this is the right place to put this....

So I'm tasking with trying to replace our 4-Line phone system for work. Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems (basses model 254713RE3-A) with a cordless tethered to each base, and they have served us well for the last 6 or 7 years. But the cordless are dieing, and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines. We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal, and kept the phone system running for a few more years. But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive. I think they were about $70 new for the cordless handsets and are going for $160 or so.

So I'm looking into a new 4-Line system for our shop. But I don't really have much experience with them. I'm finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap. I don't want to try to screw with a Voip system, would rather stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building.

So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.