426 connection closed; transfer aborted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmado

Hello ,

Recently , i encountered a problem. i have an ftp site working but today some users had a problem . When they get to it , the site displays a message that says

"426 connection closed ; transfer aborted"

Please help me in solving this problem

'connection closed' comes from the remote end (ie the client gets this message as a result of a server action)

you need to tell us A LOT of details on the software being used and where it is being hosted

and that suggests you have GuildFTPd installed on your PC, requiring to run 24/7 -- right?

let's understand this before we jump ship.

Hosting from you PC has issues like running 24/7 and you need to be able to secure that
server so it can't get onto your PC files.

The DynDNS will allow your users to track your ISP DHCP changes well enough, but
1) if there's a user connected at the time the ISP performs a /release + /renew on your public IP address, the reported symptom WILL result. The only solutions are to purchase a static IP address and a domain name. Then you can get your ISP to route to you OR you can get a hosting solution elsewhere.

2) Hosting from your PC can easily drop into screen saver or power saving mode and *could* disconnect as a result. You can turn off the screen, but must not let the system drop into sleep or power saving.

Well , iam starting to be familiar with these stuff.
I want to know how can i create a better alternative to GuildFTPd , i have a new hostname. How can i use it to make a condition similar to ftp site ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back