4850 X2 in a 680i board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hey all, 2 days ago i bought a sapphire 4850 x2. i wouls just like to know something.

would putting this card in a 680i board be a problem?

would i not see as good of perfprmance as an intel board?

would there be any crossfire conflictions ?

Its an awesome card and dominates all of my games. Its just on crysis 1680x1050 all on very high i get 20 fps. I dont know if crossfire is working in the game or not or if it is a driver issue or if it because of my board.

Your comments a much appreciated

probably no conflicts, probably driver issue, try reinstalling or use a modded one like DNA, OMEGA, Xtreme-G

Crysis still runs like **** even on the ultra-high-end rigs out there. Look at other benchmarks for a more accurate picture of the card's performance.

And no, there will be no compatibility issues using the card in an nForce-based motherboard.

Thanks guys i have been working at it all day and u think i solved it . I disabled vertical sync in CCC i enabled catalyst AI in CCC and the second core is being used. Crysis performance has improved.

I also just for the sake overclocked my cpu to 3ghz and my benches went through the roof in all most everything.

I dont think ive seen all the performace yet but thats down to drivers and patches!

BTW In Sandra and GPUz my pcie slots are being reported as PCIE 2.0 ;/

6rhk5s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back