4850 X2 in a 680i board

By Rab2140
May 15, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey all, 2 days ago i bought a sapphire 4850 x2. i wouls just like to know something.

would putting this card in a 680i board be a problem?

would i not see as good of perfprmance as an intel board?

would there be any crossfire conflictions ?

Its an awesome card and dominates all of my games. Its just on crysis 1680x1050 all on very high i get 20 fps. I dont know if crossfire is working in the game or not or if it is a driver issue or if it because of my board.

Your comments a much appreciated
  2. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

probably no conflicts, probably driver issue, try reinstalling or use a modded one like DNA, OMEGA, Xtreme-G
  3. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

performance would most likely be equal if not more, make sure your PSU can handle that beast :)
  4. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

Crysis still runs like **** even on the ultra-high-end rigs out there. Look at other benchmarks for a more accurate picture of the card's performance.

And no, there will be no compatibility issues using the card in an nForce-based motherboard.
  5. Rab2140

Rab2140 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 128

Thanks guys i have been working at it all day and u think i solved it . I disabled vertical sync in CCC i enabled catalyst AI in CCC and the second core is being used. Crysis performance has improved.

I also just for the sake overclocked my cpu to 3ghz and my benches went through the roof in all most everything.

I dont think ive seen all the performace yet but thats down to drivers and patches!

BTW In Sandra and GPUz my pcie slots are being reported as PCIE 2.0 ;/

[​IMG]
  6. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

That's probably due to the PCI-E 2.0 interface on the card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.