5.1 audio in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BMfan

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have the Asus crosshair III motherboard that came with the creative xf-i mb edition sound card,what i am wondering is why my games wont play 5,1 sound,i know 5,1 and DTS works because i heard the channels when playing movies but just in the games it doesn't seem to work.
Does anyone know if i am supposed to set something up or should it just work when i set it to 5,1 in the game menu?
I use the optical output to my amp,the amp doesn't have the 6 analog inputs.

make sure you have the latest drivers and the config in the game is set to surround...many games use stereo by default

It's the latest drivers possible from the asus website and when i set 5,1 in the game it still only outputs 2 channel.

You only get stereo sound through digital output because 5.1 sounds in games aren't encoded in DTS or Dolby Digital. You'll need an encoder to convert the sounds to AC3/DTS on the fly. I think there's Dolby Digital Live plugin available on Creative's site - it might even be included in X-Fi software (at least it is with Auzentech's X-Fi cards).

Would that be this Creative ALchemy software?
Is there any way windows 7 can have 5,1 as default sound?

may i know what games are you playing? some games have 5.1 in default and no option to turn it off, (i.e. rise of argonauts, nfs shift) while other older games only have stereo and does not have 5.1 capability.

anyway, at sound, control panel in windows 7, u can click configure (if available) or set the format to 5.1 or dolby digital live. maybe it helps.

The games i am playing at the moment are Call of duty 4 and world at war,
thanx for the info guy's when i get back to my pc on either tuesday or wednesday i will try in the control panel.
Let you guy's know if i come right.
With cod4 i change the sound settings to 5,1 ,but it still only outputs 2,1
and on cod5 it says i must change my default settings in windows.

Do you think i haven't LOOKED?
Don't post just for the sake of posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back