5.1 Speakers rear and mid sound not playing any sound apart from test

dizzyjai

Well, i have 5.1 creativ speakers got about 2 years back. they worked fine with wxp but when i upgraded to wvista and w7 all hell broke loose. at a point in time in vista i got the rear speakers to work. when i upgraded to w7, i also got the rear speakers to work eventually. i now have a new motherboard with shitty drivers and can't get the rear speakers to work. in the tests they work but when i play music, watch movies anything nothing comes out of the front centre or rear speakers. any help guiz?
TY :)
p.s. the drivers my mobo uses are VIA HD Audio deck. i've tried uninstall all sound drivers and reinstalling but to no aveil
p.s. also at one point in time few days ago everything was working but the next day the rears just stopped...

did all the speakers sound when test in via hd audio deck or windows 7 audio control panel?

if yes, most likely you will need to enable the 'upmix' feature of VIA. I'm not sure what is it called, but in Realtek it is called Realtek Speaker Fill or Dolby ProLogic IIx. If there isn't any, you may want to try Channel Mixer for foobar2000.

did all the speakers sound when test in via hd audio deck or windows 7 audio control panel?

if yes, most likely you will need to enable the 'upmix' feature of VIA. I'm not sure what is it called, but in Realtek it is called Realtek Speaker Fill or Dolby ProLogic IIx. If there isn't any, you may want to try Channel Mixer for foobar2000.

thank you good sir. speaker fill fixed it. :)

Back