5.1 surround and X-Fi problems

Hello all,
I have recently completely revamped my pc(new mobo, chip, video, ram, etc). My problem is with the sound while trying to do anything on my pc. During video games like metro 2033, wolfenstein, doom3, crysis warhead and regular crysis, and others I have issues with the sound. The music seems to be loud and audible but the gun shots, voices of the other characters, and other sound effects seem to be almost muted or barely audible. Also, most of the music or sound seems to only be coming from my front 2 speakers at most times. Starcraft 2 on the other hand seems to me to be coming from all the speakers but only just the music of SC2. I have a Creative Labs external sound device and the Logitech z-5500 5.1 surround speakers. The x-fi is connected to my pc using the single optical cable. The speakers seem to not be the problem as when i press the test option on the remote for the speakers sound comes out of each one that is listed on the digital display for the speakers. However, when I try to test the speakers using either the onboard audio software or the Creative Labs control panel the sound only comes from the front 2 speakers. Also on web pages like IGN when i play one of their inbedded videos the sound barely works or cuts in and out. I know I am being wordy but i have tried everything i could thing of. I have reinstalled the software for the x-fi over and over. I have also adjusted my settings accordingly with what Creative Labs site has advised for those with the X-Fi. I really am in need of help as i can not enjoy playing my games without being able to hear voices or sound effects very well. I would be extremely grateful to any help that any of you can provide me. Thank you.

Back