512 MB Ram

By consie89
Sep 26, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How much do you think a DDR266 512 MB ram card should cost?
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,284   +223

Depends where you look and what you are looking for. You can get it as cheap as $67.89.
  3. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Typical price for "decent" memory should be $80-90. Bargain memory should be about $70.
  4. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,382   +15

5. consie89

consie89 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 55

ive found some RAM, its for my friend, its DDR 266 512 for 33quid. good deal i think. My DDR 400 RAM is 50 quid for 512, which i think is very good. Good quality to, computer fairs are the way to go, everything has virtually 1/3 knocked of in price, makes you wonder why buy anything from the highstreet.
  6. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,928

A lot of fake/counterfeit/stolen goods are sold at computer fairs and markets. What happens when your goods don't work, and you try and get a refund, or make a claim under warranty? Saving 33% is not enough for me to risk it, though if you know who you are buying from, then it might be ok. There's also a difference between good quality and fast, and the two don't necessarily go together.
  7. consie89

consie89 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 55

I bought my pc from the computer fair, most stalls are just extensions of shops that are usually shut of a sunday. My PC has a free years warrantee and ive send it back for a number of mods. Everything ive ever bought comes with refunds, recipts, and sometimes garrantees. Plus there are a lot of police around there so most of its pretty leagal. Just thought id let you know.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.