512 MB Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical price for "decent" memory should be $80-90. Bargain memory should be about $70.

ive found some RAM, its for my friend, its DDR 266 512 for 33quid. good deal i think. My DDR 400 RAM is 50 quid for 512, which i think is very good. Good quality to, computer fairs are the way to go, everything has virtually 1/3 knocked of in price, makes you wonder why buy anything from the highstreet.

Originally posted by consie89
... everything has virtually 1/3 knocked of in price, makes you wonder why buy anything from the highstreet ...
A lot of fake/counterfeit/stolen goods are sold at computer fairs and markets. What happens when your goods don't work, and you try and get a refund, or make a claim under warranty? Saving 33% is not enough for me to risk it, though if you know who you are buying from, then it might be ok. There's also a difference between good quality and fast, and the two don't necessarily go together.

I bought my pc from the computer fair, most stalls are just extensions of shops that are usually shut of a sunday. My PC has a free years warrantee and ive send it back for a number of mods. Everything ive ever bought comes with refunds, recipts, and sometimes garrantees. Plus there are a lot of police around there so most of its pretty leagal. Just thought id let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back