TechSpot

56 percent of smartphones sold in the last three months run Android

By Shawn Knight
Sep 27, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. More than half of all new smartphone owners in the United States are selecting Android-based handsets. 56 percent of those who picked up a new handset in the past three…

Read the whole story
  2. 1977TA

1977TA Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

Google is taking over the world one platform at a time.
  3. Rasta211

Rasta211 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 194   +24

At least they are doing a good job.
  4. Not last 3 month, September numbers are much higher for Android
  5. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

I suspect with the iPhone 5 release the next 3 months will be dominated by iOS
  6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,050   +699

Dominated? Probably not. If Android just took a large amount of business from Blackberry that's probably the business and corporate community, they steal any from Apple. Sooner or later all the people who want an iPhone are going to have one, and most people can't afford to upgrade from an iPhone 3 to an iPhone 5.

Does the iPhone 5 have 4G?
  7. 1977TA

1977TA Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

Apple will get a small spike, but Andriod will continue to raise.
  8. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 961   +84

While I do like Android, I think iOS comes with better bundled software. Android feels like it comes with feature-less applications if only to persuade you to find something better in their market. I would rather Android come with better applications from the start (EMail, Calculator, Text Messaging, etc)
  9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

This is Apple fanactics we are talking about here, build it and they will buy. The iPhone 3GS and 4 ran out of stock in the first month or so, chances are its going to happen again for this release. Guess we will have to wait and see just how big the "small spike" will be.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.