5850 streaming video pauses

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteandnerdy

my new 5850 just started doing something strange. whenever I'm on you-tube or any other site and watch a video full screen, it plays for about 30 seconds then pauses. the audio keeps playing but the video stops. when i exit out of full screen the video is right where it should be. i updated to the latest drivers and it still does it, no matter what site I'm on so i know its not a connection issue. any ideas?

i think there are a few people reporting the same thing. could be a problem with flash player or a video codec. i would also recommend updating your web browser (if available) and make sure DirectX 11 is up to date.

Press CTRL+R to open the Run window and type "dxdiag" in the field (without the quotes). This will launch the DirectX Diagnostics app and here you can check the version that is installed. You can just run the latest updater and it will either update or do nothing, so I'd probably just do that to be safe. If updating DX11 doesn't help, then it's the video driver unless you can play regular DVD video or other format just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back