64 bit goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
Windows Server 2003 BETA in 64-bit form that will work on the Opteron is now available in a 360-day trial form free of charge.

If you want to learn how to mount that 64-bit CPU Modsynergy comes to the rescue.

And Anandtech was in Taiwan doing some spy-work taking pictures of a Intel Tejas Socket 775 CPU.

There's also a 64bit version of Mozilla Firebird & Apache web server.

Apparently the e-machines with Athlon64 CPUs have been selling better then anticipated ( & that was even before the release of the cheap Athlon64 3000+ ). I hope that will convince developpers to put out 64-bit software faster.

No! No! No! Developers should NOT put out 64-bit software faster because that would mean my (alomst) new comp will be obselete and i will have to shell out $$$ just so i can run the new software. sometimes i think the advances of mankind goes too fast

Originally posted by Federelli
And don't forget Ut2003's 64bit version as well

UT has a 64-bit version available? Had not heard that. I'm not a particular fan of it, but it might be worth looking at when my upgrade's done. :D

Epic has actually warned that their next project ( after UT2004 ) will require a 64-bit capable system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back