64bit? Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predict

I just installed vista. When I right click desktop and go to the properties>Settings there is only 16bit,32bit showing. people told me I have to click 64 bit when installing but there is no option for that.( i tryed twice) The box says 64bit vista same on cd. I think it may be running 64bit,but it is not showing on the properties settings so I am worried thats something is wrong.

I have
amd 6400x2 cpu
8800 gts video card
2gb ram
250gb hdd
asus sli delux mobo

it is should all work. Can it be my monitor? It is made by the compand Hanns not old.
It says System Type: 64bit Operating System

Whoa - I'm lost - but I think you are too. :)

As far as Windows Vista goes, if your disc is 64-bit, that is all it will install. You definitely have a 64-bit Windows install and there are no additional options or settings that need to be added or changed.

As far as your display color depth goes, 32-bit is the most you will get. Your display color depth 'bits' have absolutely zero to do with your Windows platform 'bits'. They are two very different things that refer to two very different parts of the computer. Your monitor is also fine. The highest color bit-depth you'll see (for all practical purposes) is 32-bit. That should be spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back