6800 ultra and ac97 sound card causing blue screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AmDuSeR

Hi i have just installed a new motherboard, cpu, ram, vga card, and now it is all up and running, just, every time i install a new program, it will boot up to the XP start screen, then blue screen for a fraction of a second, shut dowm then restart and boot ok, but then when it gets to the desktop, either the vga card or audio card will say they both have corrupted drivers.

I have found that if i then reboot the machine again, the issue seems to repair itself and everything is fine.

Hoping that someone out there has got some advice please, and, as this is my first time,,,, be gentle with me! LOL.

System details;

MSI k8n neo2 platinum motherboard (neforce 3)
AMD 64 athlon 3700+ cpu
OCZ copper 512 mb ultra high performance ram x2
Western digital 120GB HD internal
Western digital 120GB HD external x2
MSI (nvidia) NX6800 ultra t2d256 graphics card
usb 2.0 internal card (ALI)
19" LCD monitor
17" CRT monitor - both running in dualview mode from graphics card.
5.1 speakers running from on board 7.1 soundcard (realtec ac97)
USB keyboard
USB mouse
printer
scanner
usb 7 port powered hub
webcam
USB bluetooth (belkin)

Hope this is enough info.

Thank you for reading.

Rick.

If you are getting blue screens, it is probably a good idea to post some of your minidump files for someone here to take a look at.

See this thread here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35103.html

You problem at this point could be so many different things, it is hard to diagnose without more info. Hopefully the minidumps will point out what is going on.

Probably one of these:

1. Overheating
2. Ram problems
3. Drivers not installed properly
4. Your power supply is not enough

You can also right click on "my computer" choose "manage" then "event viewer" and look for error messages in there to see if there are any hints.

EDIT: just to rule out overheating, check your temperatures. If you don't have any software to do so installed, go to the download section of this forum and download "everest home".

You have two threads on this exact same issue.

Everyone, please answer in the other thread, located

HERE

to keep things simple. Cheers!

sorry

didnt know which one to put the question in as it is about both things.

As punishment, you shall be forced to use nothing but Gateway products from this point on.

[poof!] <-- sound of AmDuSeR's nice new computer changing into a 5 year old Gateway. :)

Why would i use an old super markets products in my computer?

and dont call me a poof.

:) :) :) :D

......and by the way, i downloaded the everest thing you suggested,
the temps are, MOBO 22 oc
CPU 37oc
GPU 43oc
GPU ambient 31oc

from what i know these seem to be ok, this is with internet only running, and the side panel off with a 12" desk fan blowing cool air in from the room(the room is 19 oc).

Should be cooler after xmas, Black Asus vento case arriving by express girlfriend mail! :), 120mm fan in back, and 80mm fan in front, nice draft through :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back