$699 Ultrabooks coming this summer, according to Intel

By Shawn Knight
Apr 12, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Intel believes that we will see Ultrabook prices as low as $699 this summer as a slew of new products are expected to lower prices across the board. In total,…

Read the whole story
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

I'm waiting for the lenovo thinkpad T430u at the very least, but I eagerly await what will hopefully be an "exciting" year for notebooks and ultraviolet.
  4. inventix1136

inventix1136 Newcomer, in training Posts: 85   +14

If they manage to do a convertible multi-touch ultrabook, I will be first in line -- assuming that the price is not going to be $2K+...
  5. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 941   +42

It's not an "ultrabook" if it's over $1000~
  6. Im looking to get one of these soon, as college is just around the corner for me.
    Not looking for much under the hood. a good cpu and the 4gb of ram most are getting sounds perfect.
    Alonge with a good sized SSD, probably like 150gb and i'll be ok.
    I'm just hoping the onboad can handle movies well. but i guess we'll see.
    I'm likely going to look for a long battery life, hopefully one with around 10-12 hours pops up.
  7. What's the point of spending $699 for an "ultrabook" full of **** low-end components? I don't like Intel's arbitrary price ceiling. It's artificially pushing OEMs to cheap out on components like useless 1366x768 TN screens that bleed and smear horribly, small and slow SSDs, crappy keyboards and poor trackpads, all because the $699 mostly needs to be spent on the shiny chassis, midrange CULV Intel CPU, and useless copy of Windows home premium.

People who think $999 is expensive for an ultraportable already have their own market segment, they're called netbooks.
  8. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

The price doesn't have any relation to the OS does it? If so,I'd rather buy mine without an OS :|
  9. igotdembombs

igotdembombs Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

I don't understand why Intel is doing this and not Windows but okay. I'm waiting for a $700 intel ivy bridge ultrabook, then I'll buy.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.