TechSpot

7-Way Intel P55 Motherboard Round-Up

By Julio Franco
Nov 17, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. Our 7-Way Intel P55 Motherboard round-up comprises products from the likes of Asrock, Asus, DFI, ECS, EVGA, Gigabyte and MSI. In total we have 7 motherboards ranging in price from $120 to $250, so there should be something for everyone.

Read the full review at:
    http://www.techspot.com/review/214-intel-p55-motherboard-roundup/

Please leave your feedback here.

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,349   +398

Very impressive and detailed round-up. Thanks!

3. Timonius

Timonius TS Booster Posts: 584   +32

Great article. Very informative. Now I have way too much information to make a choice if i decide to pick a p55 motherboard for my next computer :)

4. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,897   +88

great review gang thanks!

5. your rev saved my day, a lot of money and time, thanks!!!
    kbchristian

6. swing82

swing82 TS Member

Very good review.

One of your comments at the end concerned a crazy power phase. On the Gigabyte you said "a crazy 24 + 3 power phase design". I understood that statement as, over the top, or something like that.

As you know, what the 24 + 3 power phase design will do is prolong the life of components when the CPU is highly overclocked, however, you failed to mention this. Probably an oversight.

The biggest problem with the Gigabyte board is cost. I wish they would design a much less expensive board yet retain a high power phase count. However, if someone is not going to overclock or use a small overclock, any of the less expensive motherboards reviewed, or sold by the manufacturers in the review, should do for long life.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.