8.7% of Facebook users aren't real people, jury's out on the other 91.3%

By Matthew
Aug 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. In its first public earnings report last week, Facebook revealed that its active userbase increased 29% on-year to 955 million people, with about 552 million using the service daily, up 32%. However, according to information released in its 10-Q filing this week, approximately 8.7%...

Read more
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I got one for my friends in school and one for my friends back home, and never the twain shall meet.

FB changes stuff around too much with groups and privacy settings, etc. This way is much safer.
  3. I deleted my facebook account last year... I'd rather socialize with people face to face. If need to contact someone that's what a phone is for.
  4. jeffz6

jeffz6 Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

I too have removed my account. I wonder if they still keep your account in the background, for statistics such as these.
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

But stalking is more difficult with a phone :(
  6. My dog has a facebook.
  7. "You are now in a relationship with XX". Oh man, that made me laugh. The first 4 years didn't count but now we're together on FB, it's real. So I don't use it cos it's too up its own arrs. But I keep the account, just like 500 million others it seems.
  8. My Facebook has 0 friends. Does that mean I'm a hardcore Facebook user as well? :p
  9. Nope it means you are a loser on the internet and in real life obviously. =p
  10. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

So who cares about FB. There will be a new social website soon enough and FB will end up the way of MySpace.
  11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Newcomer, in training Posts: 60

Whats Facebook? lol

I use Google Plus :)

12. 3DCGMODELER

3DCGMODELER TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

My Hamster has a facebook account..
    :)
  13. RajeGera

RajeGera Newcomer, in training Posts: 50

Everyone has their own purpose of social networking.Facebook account is one of the essentials for the start ups to gain the networks.
  14. call me an optimist but hopefully fb is behind this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.