8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadflyer

I followed the the 8 step process and attached the requested files. Please let me know if any additional steps are necessary.

Thanks,

Fred

Please remove AVG Antivirus
Please remove McAfee Antivirus
Please remove Ad-Aware

All through Add\Remove programs

Then restart (without Antivirus)
Start up MalwareBytes again
Go to 3rd tab, and update it
Then back to 1st Tab, and run, another, full scan (ie more infections to be removed)
Save the log file (remembering to remove all found Malwares first)

Then download Avira free Antivirus
Update it (part of install anyway)
Run a full scan

Then report back with how much better it is :)
Please note: presently you have a number of infections shown in HJT log
Once the above process is complete, you will need to supply a better HJT log

Edit:
In respect to adu123's reply
in future please let us know what's happening
including Hardware details etc

Thanks for the help Kim. I completed the steps in your post and attached new logs. Sorry about not mentioning my symptoms, after I completed the 8 steps they went away and I thought my computer was clean. I posted the logs thinking they were used for research.

My previous symptoms were IE home page was changing and redirecting me to a site for anti virus software and warning messages popping up from the system tray with a flashing yellow triangle. The warnings said my system was infected by malware and a trojan.

I appreciate the help you are providing.

Actually you're clean!
I thought fast.exe was an issue, but it's a process belonging to Windows XP PowerToys. So no issue.
Sadly Smitfraudfix, came up as a removed issue in Antivirus scan
Not sure why, because my Smitfraudfix (that just sits in a folder) doesn't. Anyway yours was removed.

There's just one issue I see, and that's Symantec (antivirus) still running (just like this antivirus, the uninstall never removes everything)
Please run the Norton Removal Tool, from h e r e
Then Restart
And then you're done :)

Kim, thank you very much, you have been extremely helpful. I ran the norton removal tool. When this problem first began I downloaded Norton but it wouldn't install saying I had an old program from them, but it didn't appear in add/remove programs. So then I went to mcafee (they are just jokes to me after all the research I've done)

AV prompted me regarding smitfraud and I had it deleted thinking maybe smitfraud had something quarantined that it couldn't delete. It seemed like a powerful tool though and I'll probably download it again.

Let me know if you want additional logs or if there is anyway I can repay you for your help.

Other support members may reply
But I'm happy with the result, ie no further action required by you

Basically what happened here, was
8-step guide completed
Removed old Antivirus softwares
Confirm HJT log

It went pretty easy actually :) You must generally browse the net safely :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back