8-Steps Complete - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been having a number of issues with my XP system. I first noticed losing the XP 'appearance'. I then noticed losing audio playback. I also lost my installed printers and my system restore points were gone. Other than that, my system has trouble mounting an external USB hard drive and I am having issues installing / uninstalling certain software. I get an error relating to the Windows Installer (unable to access).

I have been working on solving these issues without any luck. I just completed the 'UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions' and have attached my log files. If anyone could lend some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have not attached the SuperAntiSpyware log as I was unable to install it on my system. This related to the Windows Installer error I mentioned earlier. I was also unable to update Java for this reason.

Any help would be great. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you in advance. Happy New Year!

elaborate on losing the "xp appearance". do you mean theme, wallpaper, or icons? You lost ur access to the System directory that where the installer engine and printer spooler reside.

elaborate on 'XP Appearance'

Hi, Thanks for the question. In regards to losing the 'XP Appearance':

I didn't lose the wallpaper or icons, but the overall look of the GUI is a classic Windows look. Does that make sense?

When I access the 'Display Properties' window, under the 'Theme' tab, I no longer have a Windows XP theme option. Under the 'Appearance' tab, I only have 'Windows Classic Style' under the 'window and buttons' drop down menu. From what I remember, there should be XP appearance options, right?

So, you think I have lost access to the System directory that where the installer engine and printer spooler reside? Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks for the help! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back