8 steps done any help please

By oldskool
Jul 14, 2009
  1. I have attached the 3 logs as requested in the instructions. My computer was running quite slow but the main problem was that the internet was not working. Through trial and error I did isolate it to my computer and not the router or any other computer. I am not sure if this is a malware/spyware thing or if it is an issue with the network adapter drivers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. oldskool

oldskool TS Rookie Topic Starter

bump... any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. cosmido

cosmido TS Rookie Posts: 20

No infection in HijackThis report !

Deactivate real-time protections of Spybot and Ad-aware.
    They could interfered with the hiajckthis task.

With Ad-Aware.
    • Right-click on Ad-Aware icon in systray,
    >> In this menu you'll have 2 items to unhook: Actived et Automatic
    o Actived : for put Ad-Watch On\Off, without close it,
    o Automatic: the activities suspect will be stop automaticaly ,.
    Unhook these 2 items.

With SpybotSD.
    • Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the Advanced mode via the menu bar item Mode → hit Yes
    • select Tools in the navigation bar on the left → Resident

Open Hijakcthis,
    • Select [Do a system scan only],
    • Hook the following lines,
    >>> Close Internet Explorer,
    • And select [Fix Checked].

All these lines can be fix - Not necessary.
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = ......
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll
    O2 - BHO: Gamevance Text - {BEAC7DC8-E106-4C6A-931E-5A42E7362883} - C:\Program Files\Gamevance\gvtl.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: PS-Link.lnk = ?

• Restart computer.

Update Java. (important).
    • Use Update Checker for checked regulary that kind of updates.

You can uninstall Google and Yahoo toolbars
    Access in Add/remove programs from Control manager.

You should change Avast for Antivir.
    With Antivir "free"(include antipyware and more..) you could let disactivated the Spybot protection and easely uninstall
    Antivir 2009 : download - & - Tuto with Pic ?!.

• After you've done all this, post a new HijakcThis report.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.